Saturday, June 19, 2010

::Smoothies!

I've had a few people ask me how I make my smoothies...no really, I have. I'm not just saying that. Like any parent, I have trouble getting my kids to eat their veggies, so, I started making smoothies and adding various vegetables and other things to get them to eat more raw foods. They love them. And I love them, too. Probably way more than they do.

I make them different every time, it all depends on what I have on hand. My vegetable of choice is spinach, but I bought some fresh kale the other day, so I've been using that.
This one has blueberries, bananas, strawberries, pinapple, mango, kiwi, kale, carrots, and some ground flax meal. I usually only add water to blend it, but today Faith asked for milk and yogurt. She wanted it to be a "milkshake." Makes sense.
I know, it looks nasty. But I PROMISE you, you only taste the fruit. It tastes awesome.

Karis could hardly wait to get hers, she was standing on my toes.

My squash dish turned out pretty good last night. I didn't like the rosemary potatoes, though. I made them in the crockpot, and herbs can get pretty intensified when you slowcook them. They were just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment