Saturday, June 19, 2010

Start right here...

I’ve been meaning to resurrect my blog for a long time now, and I keep waiting for something interesting to happen to start it off with, but nothing interesting ever really happens. So, I’m just going to start right smack dab in the middle of our average, daily life. Alright. Here goes…I tried a new recipe last night. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten eggplant before, and I know I’ve never cooked with it. I’ve heard of eggplant parmesan a few times and it always sounded interesting to me, so I searched online
for a recipe. Turns out it takes a lot of prep work to make eggplant parmesan, and I don’t have a lot of time to invest in a meal. So, I found this one instead. I omitted the lemon juice because I added a red sauce and I thought that would taste bad together. I also made regular chicken parmesan for Kurt in the crockpot.
The verdict? Hmmm…I liked everything in it. I liked the idea of it. But something about it was kinda blah. The eggplant didn’t have much flavor at all. I loved the spinach, garlic and mushrooms, but the eggplant just seemed to just be…there…all soft…maybe I cooked it too long. I followed the directions exactly on cooking time. Karis liked the eggplant. Err…well…just the one that fell on the floor while I was cooking it. She said it was hot.I’ll see what I can find in other eggplant recipes.
Tonight I’m making a rosemary chicken and potato dish in the crockpot, and I’ll sauté some zucchini and yellow squash with carrots, garlic and onions.



Oh… I failed to mention that I’m not really eating meat anymore. Going vegetarian you say? Um, no, at least not 100%...more like…84.7%...I’m mainly cutting it out of my diet to save money. It’s expensive to eat meat at almost every meal. And, no matter what anyone says, I believe a vegetarian diet is healthier for you, too. Some meat here and there is perfectly fine, and that’s where I’m at now. But a diet that is mainly meat and carbs and refined, processed foods is horrible. That’s where I used to be.Now, my husband will never be a vegetarian. Never. Ever. And that’s fine. I’ll grill him a big fat steak every night if he wants it. Cause I love him. :) But he’s also gonna get a great big pile of veggies right next to that steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment