Wednesday, June 23, 2010

::Chinese



This turned out so good. It had the red cabbage, broccoli, celery, (gotta beeee, VEGGIE TALES! ha, sorry) peas, carrots, onions, and garlic. Karis grabbed handfuls of onions as I was chopping them and shoved them into her mouth. And she bit into a whole garlic clove. I think it was burning her mouth. She's a character.


Anyhoo, I sauteed the veggies in olive oil and apple cider vinegar. The vinegar is what made the flavor so awesome. I hate the smell of that stuff, but it really made this dish taste like...well...chinese food.


The other fun part was the rice noodles.


These things were weird! And addictive. I couldn't stop sampling them. I thought for sure the girls would love them. Karis gave them a good try, but ended up getting most of them on the floor. And Faith decided she wasn't hungry. Oh well. More for me, I guess. Kurt really liked it, too. I'll definitely be buying these noodles again. And making this dish again. I still have lots of cabbage left, though. I need to find a way to use it up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment