Wednesday, July 28, 2010

::Trimming the budget

I've really been into couponing and finding deals online over the past 3 years. I usually only shop at Walmart and Sam's, and occasionally our local grocery store, VG's. But I've been trying to be more open-minded about getting deals from other stores. Well, I shouldn't say open-minded. I've always been aware of them, I just haven't made much of an effort to get them.

A couple of days ago, I was in town with my husband and I printed off a bunch of Target coupons to match up with ones I already had. I rarely shop Target. I really like Target, but it's just another trip to make.

But, the deals that I knew were out were too good to resist.

I did my first-ever Target couponing trip and got:

2 Wonka chocolate bars - free
2 cans Chef Boyardee - free
2 bottles of Sobe Life Water - free
2 10-ct packages of Bic pens - free
2 boxes of Bagel Bites - free
4 boxes of Kashi cereal bars - $0.88 each
2 bags of Snyder's pretzels - $1.29 each

And some other things I can't remember, but paid very little for.
Yes, I would NEVER buy Chef Boyardee, Bagel Bites or (pffft) Sobe Water...but, hey, it's free!! Who could resist that? And if we're ever in a super pinch, my kids can have dino noodles from a can. And I would be grateful.
I am so blessed to have the means to feed them healthy foods at every meal. Thank you, GOD for your provisions!!

I really need to start doing more of these types of shopping trips. I feel a stronger responsibility now to be smarter about the money we spend on food. Yes, health is extremely important to me, but I know I can find ways to spend less and still eat good food. With the occasional can of free Chef Boyardee thrown in there... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment