Friday, July 9, 2010

::Floating ideas

So, I'm still not sure where I'm heading with this blog. I started it just for the heck of it. But the more I think about it, I think I might try and focus the main subject on my quest for better health, for both myself and my family.

I started reading a really neat book yesterday called Nourishing Traditions. It's my mom's. She let me borrow it a few years ago and I'm finally getting around to reading it. I always remember it sitting on the end table in the living room of our old house. My mom would read some of it in the early (very early) hours of the morning before anyone got up. It always had her glasses on top of it.



Now I know why she was always reading it. It's so packed with amazing information on food, mainly what our ancestors ate, and what people ate only a few generations ago. When you really think about it, most of the health problems that are around today only became common a few decades ago when the food processing industry got started...and you probably know where I'm going with this.



But anyway, it's one of the many things that have recently inspired me to make repentance on bad habits in my and my family's health.



So, maybe I'll just start posting about little things here and there that are changing. And hopefully stay changed. It's easy to fall back into the bad things...like my coffee habit, to name one. *sigh* That's the hardest one for me to let go of.



On a different note, yesterday Kurt brought home a treat for the girls. When I first saw the ice cream cup, I internally rolled my eyes because I flashed back to an article I just read about the toxic ingredients that are in commercial ice cream...but when I saw what was really inside the cup...

Meet "Sleeping Beauty" and "8". Faith named them.


We let them go back home this morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment